Our faculty was established in 1962 by Murat Barıştıran with the name of İstanbul Private College of Dentistry. In accordance with the suggestions of the supervision committee, which was composed of Prof. Dr. Sadi Irmak, Prof Dr. Sıtkı Velicangil and Prof Dr. Suat İsmail Gürkan from İstanbul University, the faculty began its operation in the building in Şişli in November 1963. Prof. Dr. Suat İsmail Gürkan served as the first director of the school.
In 1965, the İstanbul Private College of Dentistry moved into its new building in Nişantaşı. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Oğuz Baz was assigned as the director of the college between 1965 and 1972. With the change in the college bylaws in 1969, the education duration was increased to 5 years and the internship program started.
On July 9, 1971 under the provision of the act 1472, the school became a public school and amalgamated with İstanbul Academy of Financial and Commercial Sciences. Prof. Dr. Suat İsmail Gürkan was assigned as the director one more time between 1972 and 1978.
Beginning from August 5, 1976 the education and examination regulations of İstanbul University was adopted, and a coordinated education was provided. Prof. Dr. İlhan Çuhadaroglu was assigned as the director of the school on February 15, 1979.
In the following years, Prof. Dr. Cengiz Oktay (between 1979 and 1980), Prof. Dr. Faruk Or (between 1980 and 1981) and Prof. Dr. Bülent Başaran (between 1981 and 1982) officiated as directors of the school.
The school, which was affiliated to the İstanbul Academy of Financial and Commercial Sciences, became a faculty of Marmara University (which was founded on July 20, 1982) under the provision of Higher Education Law No: 2547 which was legislated on November 6, 1981 and continued education with the name of Marmara University Faculty of Dentistry. And Prof. Dr. İlhan Çuhadaroglu was assigned as the dean of the faculty in September 1982.
This page updated by Diş Hekimliği Fakültesi on 06.02.2018 10:03:14